Time & Venue
Metvigator is a race combining the elements of trail running and orienteering. The whole route would be divided into trail running and orienteering sections in an alternating sequence, i.e. trail running – orienteering – trail running – orienteering … In trail running sections, all competitors have to follow designated route. Upon completing a trail section, competitors will be given a map of the following orienteering section. Competitors can choose their own route to visit all control points in sequence. After finishing the course of that orienteering section and returning the map, competitors will enter the next trail running section.
Course & Class
The Race is divided into 2 courses:
- Metvigator (30 km)
- Half-Metvigator (15 km)
Each course contains 5 classes:
- Men’s Single, Women’s Single, Men’s Double, Women’s Double & Mixed
Summing up to 10 classes.
Top 3 individuals/teams in each class will be awarded.
All competitors will receive a finisher medal upon completing the course.
*Minimum age for joining Metvigator (On event day)
- Metvigator (30 km): 16 (Individual Class)
- Metvigator (30 km): 12 (Dual Class, another companion must be above 16)
- Half-Metvigator (15 km): 14 (Individual Class)
- Half-Metvigator (15 km): 12 (Dual Class, another companion must be above 14)
Detailed competition route would be publicised on the event day. A brief route is shown below:
Wan Chai Gap – Aberdeen Reservoir – Pok Fu Lam – Lung Fu Shan – Sun Yat Sen Memorial Park
Refreshment points will be set up along the course, providing water and food for competitors. First aid team will stand by at each refreshment point and finish.
Early Bird Fee: $350 per head (Registration by 10th October, 2017)
Normal Fee: $400 per head (Registration ends by 22nd November, 2017)
Registration fee includes baggage deposit and transport, water and food in refreshment point, refreshments after competition, orienteering maps, and renting result recording card.
- This is a competition combining trail running and orienteering. In trail running section, the trail is marked by signs and all competitors have to follow the designated route. In each orienteering region, competitors have to visit all control points in sequence with the help of compass and map provided by the organiser only.
- The use of devices which can aid navigation (other than those provided by the organiser) is prohibited, including but not limited to street map, mobile map, walkie-talkie and GPS device, .
- Each competitor will have a number bib and each individual/team will receive a result recording e-card. Number bib should be visible at the times.
- Littering is prohibited.
- If it appears that a competitor is in difficulty or injury, please offer help to him and notify the organiser.
- Competitors taking part in Metvigator means accepting the current rules and ethics of race.
- Competitors violating the above rules may be disqualified. The organiser reserves the right to determine whether a competitor will be disqualified.